Information to authors
Phylogenetic analysis of the strain Bacillus subtilis IFBG MK-2 and production of riboflavin by its induced clones
SUMMARY. The aim of this work was to study the phylogenetic relationships of the new producer strain Bacillus subtilis IFBG ÌÊ-2 with existing strains and to increase the producer’s biosynthetic activity by mutagenesis. Se-quencing of the 16S rRNA of the IFBG MK-2 strain resulted in fragments of this gene with a total length of 1305 nucleotides. Phylogenetic analysis was performed and a dendrogram was constructed based on the nucleotide sequences of the 16S rRNA gene using the Neighbour joining method and the two-parameter Kimura model. It was shown that the similarity of sequenced fragments of 16S rRNA of strain IFBG MK-2 with fragments of deposited in GenBank sequence of this gene of a typical strain B. subtilis IAM 12118 was 99 %. According to the results of phylogenetic analysis, the IFBG strain MK-2 was identified as B. subtilis. Using the method of induced mutagenesis using UV radiation and sequential stepwise selection of clones, a mutant clone of B. subtilis IFBG MK-1A was obtained with a 50 % increase in the accumulation of riboflavin compared to the original strain.
Key words: Bacillus subtilis, riboflavin, mutagenesis, phylogeny, UV radiation, producer strain
E-mail: Shulga5 i.ua
1. Abbas, C.A. and Sibirny, A.A., Genetic control of biosynthesis and transport of riboflavin and flavin nucleotides and construction of robust biotechnological producers, Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev., 2011. https://doi.org/10.1128/MMBR.00030-10
2. Amin, F.A.Z., Sabri, S., Ismail, M., et al., Probiotic properties of Bacillus strains isolated from stingless bee (Heterotrigona itama) honey collected across Malaysia, Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health, 2020. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17010278
3. Andriiash, G.S., Zabolotna, G.M., Bondarenko, V.S., et al., Gene 16s rRNA sequence phylogenetic analysis of lysine producers strains, Biotechnol. Acta, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15407/biotech7.06.040
4. Asia, L., Mohsin, I., and Muhammad, A., Ethyl methane sulfonate chemical mutagenesis of Bacillus subtilis for enhanced production of protease, Org. Med. Chem. Int. J., 2018. https://doi.org/10.19080/OMCIJ.2018.05.555664
5. Boretsky, Yu.R., Petryshyn, A., Krieger, K., et al., Cloning and expression of a gene encoding riboflavin synthase of yeast Pichia guilliermondii, Tsitol. Genet., 2002, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 3–7.
6. Cortesão, M. et al., Bacillus subtilis spore resistance to simulated Mars surface conditions, Front. Microbiol., 2019. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2019.00333
7. Debabov, V.G., The industrial use of Bacilli, in The Molecular Biology of the Bacilli, USA, New York, 1981, pp. 331–371.
8. Franco-Duarte, R. et al., Advances in chemical and biological methods to identify microorganisms—from past to present, Microorganisms, 2019. https://doi.org/10.3390/microorganisms7050130
9. Ge, Y.-Y. et al., Screening and spontaneous mutation of pickle-derived Lactobacillus plantarum with overproduction of riboflavin, related mechanism, and food application, Foods, 2020. https://doi.org/10.3390/foods9010088
10. Gershanovich, V.N. et al., Transketolase mutation in riboflavin-synthesizing strains of Bacillus subtilis, Mol. Gen. Mikrobiol. Virusol., 2000, vol. 3, pp. 3–7.
11. Gingichashvili, S., Duanis-Assaf, D., Shemesh, M., et al., The adaptive morphology of Bacillus subtilis biofilms: a defense mechanism against bacterial starvation, Microorganisms, 2020. https://doi.org/10.3390/microorganisms8010062
12. Karpov, D.S., Domashin, A.I., Kotlov, M.I., et al., Biotechnological potential of the Bacillus subtilis 20 strain, Mol. Biol., 2020. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0026893320010082
13. Lane, D.J., 16S/23S rRNA sequencing, in Nucleic Acid Techniques in Bacterial Systematics, Stackebrandt, E. and Goodfellow, M., Eds., New York: Wiley, 1991, pp. 115–175.
14. Liu, S., Hu, W., and Wang, Z., Production of riboflavin and related cofactors by biotechnological processes, Microb. Cell Fact., 2020. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12934-020-01302-7
15. Mohsin, I., Muhammad, A., and Fareeha, B., Development of Bacillus subtilis mutants for overproduction of protease, J. Microb. Biochem. Technol., 2017. https://doi.org/10.4172/1948-5948.1000363
16. Radchenko, M.M. et al., Isolation and identification of a strain producing riboflavin, Fakt. Eksp. Evol. Organiz., 2019. https://doi.org/10.7124/FEEO.v24.1094
17. Saleh, A.A., Dawood, M.M., Badawi, N.A., et al., Effect of supplemental serine-protease from Bacillus licheniformis on growth performance and physiological change of broiler chickens, J. Appl. Anim. Res., 2020. https://doi.org/1080/09712119.2020.1732986
18. Schallmey, M., Singh, A., and Ward, O.P., Developments in the use of Bacillus species for industrial production, Can. J. Microbiol., 2004. https://doi.org/10.1139/W03-076
19. Suwannasom, N., Kao, I., Pruẞ, A., et al., Riboflavin: the health benefits of a forgotten natural vitamin, Int. J. Mol. Sci., 2020. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms21030950
20. Tamura, K., Stecher, G., and Peterson, D., MEGA6: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis version 6.0, Mol. Biol. Evol., 2013. https://doi.org/10.1093/molbev/mst197
21. Wang, J., Wang, W., Wang, H., et al., Improvement of stress tolerance and riboflavin production of Bacillus subtilis by introduction of heat shock proteins from thermophilic bacillus strains, Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol., 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00253-019-09788-x
22. Xue, F., Sampedro-Torres-Quevedo, C., Arnaouteli, S., et al., Probiotic Bacillus subtilis protects against a-synuclein aggregation in C. elegans, Cell Rep., 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.celrep.2019.12.078
23. Zaghari, M., Sarani, P., and Hajati, H., Comparison of two probiotic preparations on growth performance, intestinal microbiota, nutrient digestibility and cytokine gene expression in broiler chickens, J. Appl. Anim. Res., 2020. 1080/09712119.2020.1754218
24. Zhang, C., Wu, D., and Ren, H., Economical production of vitamin K2 using crude glycerol from the by-product of biodiesel, Sci. Rep., 2020. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-62737-x
|Coded & Designed by Volodymyr Duplij||Modified 21.09.21|