Information to authors
Pronuclear scoring application in predicting the morphology and ploidy of early human embryos
SUMMARY. The efficiency of in vitro fertilization and embryos transfer in humans is low: less than 50 % of transplanted embryos reach their potential development. Therefore, there is a problem of early determination of the embryo potential, which precedes the selection of high morphological and chromosomal qualities at the stage of a blastocyst. In 16Ц18 hours after ICSI micromanipulation, the fertility quality was evaluated for the presence of pronuclei using Z-evaluation. We examined the size and placement of pronuclei relative to the cell center, the number of nucleoli and their distribution. The best development and therefore the greatest potential for implantation were detected in embryos that developed from zygote Z1. Zygotes Z2 and Z3 also formed blastocysts of AA quality on the fifth day. None of the fertilized egg cells that formed zygote Z4 developed into an embryo. We found out that the highest number of embryos with a normal quantity of studied chromosomes was formed from zygotes of Z1 and Z2 categories, and a significant difference was found between the numbers of embryos, in which aneuploidy has not been identified, formed from zygotes of Z1, Z2, Z3 categories, compared to zygotes of type Z4.
Key words: zygote, quality of embryos, blastocyst, assistant reproductive technologies
E-mail: igor_iljin hotmail.com, nikitin bigmir.net, genetics≠j yandex.ru, nataly_igr ukr.net, igrclinic gmail.com
1. Jones, G.M. and Trounson, A.O., Blastocyst stage transfer: pitfalls and benefits, Hum. Reprod., 1999, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1405Ц1408. PMID 10357946.
2. Wade J.J., MacLachlan V., and Kovacs G. The success rate of IVF has significantly improved over the last decade, Aust. N. Z. J. Obstet. Gynaecol., 2015, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 473Ц476. https://doi.org/10.1111/ajo.12356
3. Lan, K.C., Hua, F.J., Lin, Y.C., Kung, F.T., Hsieh, C.H., Huang, H.W., Tan, P.H., and Chang, S.Y., The predictive value of using a combined Z-score and day 3 embryo morphology score in the assessment of embryo survival on day 5, Hum. Reprod., 2003, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1299Ц1306. https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/deg239
4. Zamora, R.B., Sanchez, R.V., Perez, J.G., Diaz, R.R., Quintana, D.B., and Bethencourt, J.C., Human zygote morphological indicators of higher rate of arrest at the first cleavage stage, Zygote, 2011, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 339Ц344. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0967199410000407
5. Aydin, S., Cinar, O., Demir, B., Korkmaz, C., Ozdegirmenci, O., Dilbaz, S., and Goktolga, U., Is pronuclear scoring a really good predictor for ICSI cycles? Gynecol. Endocrinol., 2011, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 742Ц747. https://doi.org/10.3109/09513590.2010.509829
6. Papale, L., Fiorentino, A., Montag, M., and Tomasi, G., The zygote, Hum. Reprod., 2012, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. i22Цi49. https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/des205
7. Scott, L. and Smith, S., The successful use of pronuclear embryo transfers the day after oocyte retrieval, Hum. Reprod., 1998, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 1003Ц1013.
8. Scott, L., The biological basis of non-invasive strategies for selection of human oocytes and embryos, Hum. Reprod. Upd., 2003, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 237Ц249. https://doi.org/10.1093/humupd/dmg023
9. Azzarello, A., Hoest, T., and Mikkelsen, A.L., The impact of pronuclei morphology and dynamicity on live birth outcome after time-lapse culture, Hum. Reprod., 2012, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 2649Ц2657. https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/des210
10. Braga, D.P., Setti, A.S., Figueira, R., Iaconelli, A., Jr., and Borges, E., The combination of pronuclear and blastocyst morphology: a strong prognostic tool for implantation potential, J. Assist. Reprod. Genet., 2013, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 1327Ц1332. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10815-013-0073-3
11. Nicoli, A., Palomba, S., Capodanno, F., Fini, M., Falbo, A., and La Sala, G.B., Pronuclear morphology evaluation for fresh in vitro fertilization (IVF) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) cycles: a systematic review, J. Ovarian Res., 2013, vol. 6, no. 1, p. 64. https://doi.org/10.1186/1757-2215-6-64
12. Palermo, G.D., Cohen, J., Alikani, M., Adler, A., and Rosenwaks, Z., Development and implementation of intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), Reprod. Fertil. Dev., 1995, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 211Ц217. PMID 7480839.
13. Palermo, G.D., Cohen, J., Alikani, M., Adler, A., and Rosenwaks, Z., Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: a novel treatment for all forms of male factor infertility, Fertil. Steril., 1995, vol. 63, pp. 1231Ц1240. PMID 7750593.
14. Palermo, G.D., Colombero, L.T., Schattman, G.L., Davis, O.K., and Rosenwaks, Z., Evolution of pregnancies and initial follow-up of newborns delivered after intracytoplasmic sperm injection, JAMA, 1996, vol. 276, no. 23, pp. 1893Ц1897. PMID 8968015.
15. Palermo, G.D., Cohen, J., and Rosenwaks, Z., Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: a powerful tool to overcome fertilization failure, Fertil. Steril., 1996, vol. 65, pp. 899Ц908. PMID 8612845.
16. Veeck, L.L., The Morphological Assessment of Human Oocytes and Early Concepts, Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, 1990, pp. 353Ц369.
17. Gardner, D.K., Lane, M., Stevens, J., Schlenker, T., and Schoolcraft, W.B., Blastocyst score affects implantation and pregnancy outcome: towards a single blastocyst transfer, Fertil. Steril., 2000, vol. 73. PMID 10856474.
18. Atramentova, L.O. and Utevskaya, A.M., Statistical Methods in Biology, Kh.: KhNU, 2007.
19. Yanez, L.Z., Han, J., Behr, B.B., Reijo, PeraR.A., and Camarillo, D.B., Human oocyte developmental potential is predicted by mechanical properties within hours after fertilization, Nat. Com., 2016, vol. 7, no. 10809. https://doi.org/10.1038/ncomms10809
20. Gianaroli, L., Magli, M.C., Ferraretti, A.P., Lappi, M., Borghi, E., and Ermini, B., Oocyte euploidy, pronuclear zygote morphology and embryo chromosomal complement, Hum. Reprod., 2007, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 241Ц249.
21. Grow, D., Kawwass, J.F., Kulkarni, A.D., Durant, T., Jamieson, D.J., and Macaluso, M., GnRH agonist and GnRH antagonist protocols: comparison of outcomes among good-prognosis patients using national surveillance data, Hum. Reprod., 2014, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 299Ц304. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rbmo.2014.05.007
|Coded & Designed by Volodymyr Duplij||Modified 10.04.21|