Information to authors
Beta-amylase isozymes in spring common wheat and their role in the aggregation of grain protein
SUMMARY. Beta-amylase isoenzymes polymorphism of spring com-mon wheat among varieties cultivated in the conditions of the Northern Trans-Urals was studied. Among the 41 accessions identified four variants of the enzyme. A, C and A* isozymes differed most frequently, the share of which, respectively, was 64,6 ± 7,3; 22,0 ± 3,7 and 12,2 ± 3,7 %. During 2011–2013 the aggregating ability of grain proteins were studied using -S-S-bonds between groups of varieties carrying variants of beta-amylase A and C. It was established that the presence of isoenzyme C promotes greater aggregation of grain polypeptides in comparison with beta-amylase A carriers, but did not affect the formation of yield. Differences in beta-amylase did not affect the rate of fall a number associated with amylase activity.
Key words: beta-amylase isoenzymes, spring common wheat, disulfide bonds, fall a number, yield
E-mail: marinache mail.ru, ya.o.kozelets mail.ru; j1506 yandex.ru, v.netsvetaev yandex.ru
1. Sopanen, T. and Lauriere, C., Release and activity of bound β-amylase in a germinating barley grain, Plant Physiol., 1989, vol. 89, pp. 244–249. doi 0032-0889/ 89/89/0244/06/$01.00/0
2. Joudrier, P.M. and Bernard, M., Responsability du genome D sur certaines isozymes β-amylase du grain de ble tender, Ann. Amelior. Plantes, 1977, vol. 27, p. 35.
3. Rybalka, A.I., The Quality of Wheat and Its Improvement, Kiev: Logos, 2011.
4. Gupta, R.B., Shepherd, K.W., and MacRitchie, F., Genetic control and biochemical properties of some high molecular weight albumins in bread wheat, J. Cer. Sci., 1991, vol. 13, no. is. 3, pp. 221–235. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0733-5210(09)80002-7
5. Netsvetaev, V.P., Akinshina, O.V., Bondarenko, L.S., and Motorina, I.P., The β-amylase polymorphism of winter common wheat grains, Russ. J. Genet., 2012, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 146–151. https://doi.org/10.1134/S10227-9541202010X
6. Netsvetaev, V.P., Akinshina, O.V., and Bondarenko, L.S., Use of the common winter wheat homozygous population for genetic analysis of beta-amylase and evaluation of its aggregation ability, Russ. J. Genet., 2014, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 1156–1160. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1022795414110106
7. Netsvetaev, V.P., Nerubenko, O.E., Bondarenko, L.S., Akinshina, O.V., et al., Heterogeneity of the wheat variety as the basis for its improvement in the primary seed production, Achievements Sci. Technol. Agro-Industrial Complex, 2017, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 43–46.
8. Netsvetaev, V.P., Lutenko, O.V., Pashchenko, L.S., and Popkova, I.I., Sedimentation methods and evaluation of the quality in common wheat gluten, Sci. Bull. Bel. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Nat. Sci. (Belgorod), 2009, vol. 11 (66), no. 9 (1), pp. 56–64.
9. Poperelya, F.A., Asyka, Yu.A., and Lazarev, Yu.D., The device for electrophoresis of proteins in the gel, Author. Witness USSR, 1991, no. 1 682 899.
10. Netsvetaev, V.P., Position of the β-amylase locus, Bmy 1, on barley chromosome 4, Cytol. Genet., 1993, vol. 27, no. 5, pp.74–78.
11. Rokitsky, P.F., Biological Statistics, Minsk: Vysheyshaya Shkola, 1973.
12. Rokitsky, P.F., Introduction to Statistical Genetics, Minsk: Vysheyshaya Shkola, 1974.
13. Li, Ch.Ch., First Course in Population Genetics, Pacific Grove, California: The Boxwood Press, 1976.
14. Netsvetaev, V.P., Motorina, I.P., and Petrenko, A.V., Comparison of methods for determining the quality of grains gluten in common wheat by the device IDK-1, Rep. RAAS, 2005, no. 4, pp. 14–16.
15. Netsvetaev, V.P., Motorina, I.P., and Petrenko, A.V., Modification of the method for determining the quality of wheat gluten on an IDK-1 device, Sci. Bull. Bel. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Nat. Sci. (Belgorod), 2006, no. 23/4 (3), pp. 141–144.
16. Netsvetaev, V.P., Ryzhkova, T.A., and Tretyakov, M.Yu., Quality of Common Wheat: Genetics and Breeding. Monograph, Belgorod: Otchiy Kray, 2015.
|Coded & Designed by Volodymyr Duplij||Modified 10.04.21|